Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thought of home today...

I think I told most of you,but I was offered my mentor's job for next semester. So right now I'm in the process of shadowing her; going to meetings and helping her complete tasks for the organization which is called CMI(Columbia Mentoring Initiative) and it's a great program that I took advantage of first semester. My consistency with the program is pretty much why I got the job offer. Anywho, weekly meetings are Wednesday mornings...at 9. It's tough, I never am up that early. But I'm starting to appreciate it because I get up early and get little things done, I feel more accomplished. After the meeting today, I didn't have class until 1, so I took a little trip to Harlem to handle a situation and then did a little shopping. I love my little trips to Harlem, they remind me of home so much. I also had my interview to live in the InterCultural House next semester, odds are slim, there are only 12 spots open for all years. So we'll see. I'm excited for the weekend, even though I really do have to spend some time in Butler(our library). Ugh. But, tomorrow= Dear John. I can't wait. InterVarsity large group meeting, yay worship. And hopefully Brooklyn (please Tanea and Diane read this and go!) and some pie? :) I'm hoping...

Zzzz..
Jessy!

P.S. Photo of Sheila(sp), Irvin, and me on Oovoo. I should have been reading Augustine's Confessions. Oh well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment